Jewellery Care Instructions
AMAX Jewelry is designed to last for many years to come but all precious jewelry will naturally tarnish and look dull if proper care have not been taken. Always protect your jewelry from knocks, scratches, chemicals, sunlight and heat/cold to minimize these effects.
We are not responsible for how you wear your jewelry. Scratches and knocks are part of normal signs of everyday wear.
To care for and extend the life of your jewelry, please follow these tips:
- Remove jewelry when showering or bathing. This is particularly important when on the beach, in the sea and in chlorinated water.
- Avoid wearing jewelry when doing physical work such as housekeeping, gardening or exercise.
- Never expose jewelry to household cleaning products, especially bleach and highly reactive solutions.
- Avoid spraying perfume, hairspray on the gemstones or pearls as it jeopardizes the integrity of the material.
- Remove jewelry when applying make-up, creams to avoid the residue getting into the texture or gemstone setting.
Any residue dulls the shine of your ring.
- Keep away from extreme temperatures and humidity.
- Avoid contact with moisture or water (don’t wash hands or shower with it on, or leave it next to the sink).
- Keep it away from perfume, lotions or other chemicals that will harm and reduce the life of the plating.
- Store it in the original packaging or a soft pouch. Exposure to open air may dull the plating due to pollution and humidity.
- To avoid scratches or stones falling out, please be careful not to drop it or knock your jewelry against hard surfaces while wearing it (especially for rings and bracelets).
- Be gentle in opening and closing clasps, remove earring stoppers and pressing on earring posts. Such delicate and thin metal cannot stand a lot of pressure. To make it stronger means making it thicker, and that would diminish its beauty.